Wednesday, October 6, 2010

THE DECISIONS WE MAKE...

I was watching NFL Total Access the other night and they were discussing a recent incident with an NFL player who was charged with drunk driving.   I thought one man made a very good point when he said: "There are some football players who love the game and love what they bring to the game; and there are others who love what football brings to them."  Well, the later portion of the comment is some selfish ass mess.  I think this is a good point. 

However, it is also interesting how the media acts a hot damn fool when a Black athlete or celebrity messes up- Tim Allen from Home Improvement was in prison for YEARS before he had his show (what up doe Detroit?) and ain't nobody said BOO about that --> Mike Vick (I am NOT condoning his behavior) messed up and people acted like he was the anti-Christ.  No one cared to look into his background and see how he was raised and learn that dog-fighting was a huge part of the culture within which he grew up.  I dunno, I'm just talkin...maybe my ideas are falsely-led...mmmmhmm....any thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. You make a great point, there is a difference in how some celebrities/athletes are treated. I think overall everyone is into finding some dirt and breaking a story on any famous person. Look at Big Ben, they didnt cut him much slack in his case. I do hear what you are saying as they see a Black man committ a crime and its like oh well he must be acting hood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't mean to throw the Black card on there, but it definitely happens. The top 5 most hated athletes, on this poll I was reading about, are all Black...Big Ben ain't on there, even though he wasn't cut much slack, and his behavior was appalling. Now, all this stuff with LB23...you can't help but notice the treatment across races with athletes and other celebs.

    ReplyDelete