Monday, October 4, 2010

A PARENT'S ADVICE...

Did my daddy just call me a hoe?

My daddy is a very crazy and blunt man - he swears that if a person does not get an education past highschool, they will for sure work at Burger King forever.  Smh...I remember the first time I colored my hair, put some brown and blonde highlights in it - this fool went IN on me.  "Oh ok, you wanna look like Lil Kim now?  You just gonna walk around campus lookin like these other hoes?"   Damn daddy...haha...he also told me that I gotta "pay the costs to be the boss" whenever I whined about anything going "hard" in my life...ANYTHING that comes too easy to a person is not going to be as sweet to enjoy as something you gotta work hard at to obtain.   He told me, "I meah sh!t Nicole, if all this came easy to everyone, everyone would be doing it!  But they're not...they're not in law school, they're not.  You gotta play hard to be with the elite.  This ain't a game.  Life is not a fun game.  You gotta take the punches and dish em back."  

He also taught me about the power to separate crazy people from those who think straight.  "Come on girl, you know when something doesn't sound right, it probably isn't."   The point is, a lot of people choose to ignore the obvious that is right in front of their face.  It's important to know how to pick out good character and people so you don't end up in bad situations...it takes time, it's a true skill to be learned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment