Wednesday, October 6, 2010

HELPING OTHERS

I encourage you all to give back as much as you can - especially if you are a minority.  Yesterday, I had the pleasure of being a part of a golf tournament to raise money for the Leukemia Society.  Granted, I was about ___ this close to bein mad I had to PAY money to participate, during the event and especially after meeting the family of the person who the tournment was in honor of, I was happy.  It touched my heart to be able to do something for an amazing cause.  I don't know, I just wanted to quickly write about this.  Especially younger African-Americans who are in school or just entering their professional careers, it is important and crucial that you talk to youth and encourage them to pursue their dreams at all costs - all you gotta do is ask for help, and someone will do what they can.  I was talking to a 19 year old today and he was so excited about going to law school, but then sounded discouraged when he learned about how much it costs and other possible barriers.  I said boy, you better ask for some money and stalk some people and let em know you wanna get into that school.   Everything happens for a reason - make shit happen.   I hope he listened...

No comments:

Post a Comment